Hamilton County Engineer

Theodore B.Hubbard, P.E. - P.S.


History of Branch Hill Bridge

Suspension Bridge.jpg (46815 bytes)

1920s.jpg (52135 bytes)

The original suspension bridge over the Little Miami River on Branch Hill was built around 1860.

The 'Blue Bridge' was built in 1922 and replaced the suspension bridge.

Blue Bridge.jpg (57743 bytes)

Present Day.jpg (76846 bytes)

The 'Blue Bridge' was in service until 1996.

The newest bridge is built to last 100 years and is resistant to road salt.

 
 
      Other Links     Hamilton County Home Page     Contact Us  
                                   Send mail to: Jay.Jones@Hamilton-co.org with comments about this web site.
                           Hamilton County Engineer's Office
                       Last modified: May 15, 2013