RULE 14.2. Setting Aside Bond Forfeiture Judgments

When a Surety, or Counsel, moves that a Bond Forfeiture Judgment be set aside, said motion shall be filed in writing with the Clerk of Courts. Further, a copy of said motion shall be delivered to the Hamilton County Prosecutor.

Upon the filing of the motion, a hearing date shall be set before the Common Pleas Magistrate to determine the merits of said motion. The Magistrate shall then issue a decision. If an objection to the Magistrate's decision is filed within 14 days, a hearing shall be set before the Judge that forfeited the bond for a final determination. If no objection is filed, the Court shall issue an entry adopting and approving the Magistrate's decision.

(Rule effective April 15, 1996)

Back to Top of Page

Back to Local Rules Page

Back to Home Page